My First Hate message and couch surfing approval

Have you had a day wasted with a thorn in your heart? I recently had one when a fellow student from pre university commented rudely on my Facebook post talking about the death cafe held at School.Everyone is entitled to their opinion  but calling it a vicious experiment and attacking my professional abilities as a palliative physician before adding, "Do it to your children" was what did it..I would have totally ignored the remark because I know what place he comes from from the interaction with him at Bangalore's Death Cafe and knowing the reactions of the children at their death cafe- Somehow I didnt.

The ease with which he takes the right to question my work and comment on it without training or experience in the field is what makes me furious!He will not be the last and I must be prepared. While children their teachers and parents loved the session, I let this man who didnt take the time to read the article or to reflect took over my day.

Meanwhile, after posting a public trip on couch surfing, I found two people who agreed to host me and stayed close by for a month in Chennai and also got in touch with a film maker who was happy to shoot for and with me.It was heart warming to read so many messages that said," tell me if you need anything.." So in october the journey begins- Spaces in Chennai for death Cafe and movie screenings are done.If you would like both at your institution or company, do write to me.

https://www.couchsurfing.com/visits

Comments

Popular Posts